Tuesday, October 25, 2016

My Opportunity

                


Now that I am looking back There’s 1 place that kept me out of trouble.The gym. Basketball helped me change my life and stay out of trouble. It all started when I was about 8 years old. My god mother bought me my first basketball rim. I had already knew how to play a little bit but didnt have my own rim. I was a bad kid got suspended from school alot. I fought the students. I disrespected the teachers.I even used to steal from the stores.I didnt even listen to anything anybody told me. I thought everything was funny. I hung out with people I wasnt supposed to. In gym when,I was little,I would play basketball. I was scared to try out for the team. But,I was the best in my class.The reason,I didnt try out becuse,I use to get real nervous and mess up. Then as,i grew older,I trained myself. Played with people bigger thanme. Working to get stronger. Then came my freshman year in high school when i was really serious about basketball. i went to douglas for 2 weeks. Then,i moved to the suburbs. I played basketball at parks there so people knew,i was a good player. They were saying,i can make it to the NBA. I was always tall. The biggest one in my class.Basket ball tryouts started. I went to the first one and the second one.They told me,i didnt make the team. I was really angry.Because,i felt like,i was the best one.I didnt make it because,I didnt know how to do the plays.So,every single day,i went to the gym and just worked on my game.The gym felt like it was my home. When,i was in the gym,i felt at peace.Then,i moved back to chicago.Then,my mom put me in an alternative school call (ASA)For no reason. I was playing for their team for a little bit.Then,i stopped because,i started playing for 5 other teams. I didnt have any time to myself.Just practices and games back to back. But,i love it.I was in the gym more my own house.I played for this basketball team at laffalette park. We won every game,we played then we made it  to th championshipwe lost by1 point. I wasnt mad because,we did our best.I get respect from the people,i use to hang with.I look back now,18 the people i use to hang with getting locked up.They getting shot.I changed alot.I take school more serious.I think i made the right choice.I thaank god for my talent.



No comments:

Post a Comment